Celia Grace is a Eco wedding dress company using a fair trade system to empower their women’s sewing group and their surrounding communities.
What is Fair Trade?
“Almost half the world’s population lives on less than $2.50 per day and poverty kills hundreds of children every hour. Fair Trade is a global movement to end poverty by giving you the ability to vote with your dollars for the kind of world you want–one where people are paid a living wage, work in safe and fair conditions, and can break the cycle of poverty. Celia Grace is proud to be a member of the Fair Trade Federation.”
Each dress is made with great care, exquisite craftsmanship, light-as-air silk heirloom and vintage-inspired lace to create a fun, gorgeous, flattering and comfortable wedding dresses.
As the norm goes, wedding dresses are usually made from highly polluting petroleum based polyester, but this is not true for Celia Grace’s company as they…
• uses natural silk woven on a no-electricity loom
• minimizes use of chemicals by colouring fabric with safe, non-toxic dyes when needed
• uses very little water and energy in silk making and colouring
• uses silk local to where dresses are produced to minimize shipping
• Most of our fabrics are hand woven on traditional wooden looms in rural villages. This means your wedding dress is made out of gorgeous, heirloom silk like nothing else available on the market today. It also means that Celia Grace is putting money directly into the hands of rural women (who live far from electricity, good schools, or hospitals) so that they can keep themselves and their families healthy and strong, send their girls to school, and increase their self-confidence and respect in the community.